Pages

My Close To My Heart webpage

My Close To My Heart webpage
I am a ctmh consultant

*

*

About Me

My photo
hi, i am jen t. welcome to my blog and ttys!

Translate

Past Dt's and Ambassadorships

*

*
Love from lizi dt

.

*

*

*
birds of a feather kit co.

*

*

*

*

Followers

Search This Blog

*

*

*

Creative Scrappers

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

october club scrap team challenge

Hi all, i am stopping by today to share a project i made for the club scrap team challenge. If you are hopping along then you are here from Hetty's blog and if ya get lost I have list below or you can start over at the club scrap blog.
here is the challenge:
For the challenge I was thinking of something I would like to get handmade as a gift so I thought about home décor. making handmade décor is a awesome gift. I like making it and receiving it:) well, when I was digging out stuff from my closet and I found an old wooden shadowbox that at onetime housed a scrapbook page in my daughters room when she was a baby. Perfect! I thought, to alter  and the papers from the literature are so rich and classic to make a fun by the door organizer out of it. To see how I made it check out my picture tutorial below:
 





(remember the thin wood I used on that canvas project I made a lil while back?-yup I used those scraps and strong adhesive to make the slated pocket)



omg when I modge podged the kraft paper it started to look like leather instead of paper... soo cool!

finished project


close-ups





all the papers, ribbons, and  metal embellishment are from the club scrap literature kit
 
thanks for stopping by and happy creating!!!

jen t.



next is josette's blog

 








14 comments:

Capescrapper said...

Jennifer, this project is just gorgeous!! Super useful and perfect for gift giving.

Donna said...

OMG Jen this is amazing! I love all your details and is so gorgeous!

Beth F. said...

This is really such a unique idea and so useful! I love it!

Kelly said...

This is just an awesome gift! I could definitely use one of these by my front door!

Wendy Bellino said...

What a useful gift idea and I love the little hook for keys!

rettaescape said...

Nice project! Love he key holder!

Hetty said...

What a lovely project, Jennifer, and so beautifully made with all the details.
A gift anyone can use!

APeeling Crafts said...

Great gift! Love all the details.

Finding Your Niche said...

This is awesome and so useful. Love all the details and that it will even hold your keys.

KnitterPam said...

What a nice idea! You could even put a matte for a picture in the middle and be able to change it whenever you wanted to.

Cheryl Walker said...

WOW love your beautiful project, its gorgeous and would make the perfect gift!!!
Hugs
Cheryl

Noreen said...

I love the leather look you achieved and the adornments you added.

Noreen
Crafty Journal

Lisa D said...

I just adore this! Well decorated with the key hooks being my favorite!

Karen Wyngaard said...

What a great purposeful gift! Thanks for sharing.