Pages

My Close To My Heart webpage

My Close To My Heart webpage
I am a ctmh consultant

*

*

About Me

My photo
hi, i am jen t. welcome to my blog and ttys!

Translate

Past Dt's and Ambassadorships

*

*
Love from lizi dt

.

*

*

*
birds of a feather kit co.

*

*

*

*

Followers

Search This Blog

*

*

*

Creative Scrappers

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Club scrap September team challenge- watercolors

Hi all, welcome to the club scrap team challenge blog hop! If you are hopping along with us then you are here from  Josette's Blog. If you get lost along the way or want to start from the beginning go to karens club scrap post .  This months team challenge is all about watercolors inspired by the beautiful watercolor art on the club scrap orchard papers. So i broke out my tray of gelatos, orchard stencil and some inks and got to it. I used some white yupo paper from the paradise kit to use as my 12 x12 base. Then with inspiration of the pic of my son i used two brown gelatos and water-brush to dab on the stencil to make a tree trunk. Then i used green to make a tree canopy and some grass at the bottom. I then thought it needed more detail so i went back over the tree trunk with the stencil and brown distress ink once it was dry. For more detail on the tree i used a leaf stamp from the color me happy kit with green ink . Lastly to complete my scene i decided the watercolor grass was too much so i tore a piece of the bright green paper from the kit and added it to the bottom overtop it. Did bright blue ink splats to match my ds shirt as well as blue heart stickers and embellishment . Then i got layering and fussy cutting happy to add around and under the picture. Lastly i added some letters and stickers from my stash to finish it.  Thanks for stopping by and happy creating!  Jen t:)

Some pics of my process
Yes i know in the first pic the tree looked like a palm tree but i think the leaf stamp helped..lol!
I was going for a whimsical look


12 x 12 page using the orchard kit 




Closeup watercolor trunk, fussy cut apple word and basket  

To get your hands on all things club scrap and the orchard kit go here

Next stop is hetty's blog 





jen t.

4 comments:

Karen Wyngaard said...

Clever of you to use the stencil to create the tree trunk! TFS!

Lisa D said...

You're a genius! Love love love how you used the stencil for the tree.

Finding Your Niche said...

Brilliant how you used the stencil. Beautiful page!

KnitterPam said...

Your tree turned out great! Fun layout.