Pages

My Close To My Heart webpage

My Close To My Heart webpage
I am a ctmh consultant

*

*

About Me

My photo
hi, i am jen t. welcome to my blog and ttys!

Translate

Past Dt's and Ambassadorships

*

*
Love from lizi dt

.

*

*

*
birds of a feather kit co.

*

*

*

*

Followers

Search This Blog

*

*

*

Creative Scrappers

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

i dressed up our door for halloween;) with goodies from oriental trading

Hi all, today i am stopping by to share how i dressed up our doorway with quick and simple projects and decorations with goodies i got from oriental trading . Below is the box of goodies i got a couple weeks ago to create with:






Quick review of my ot goodies

metal pumpkin yard stake- super cute and glittery as well as sturdy-I love that it can be staked into the ground or hung on a door or gate wuth the hook on the back
Foil leaf garland- perfect length for around my doorway -great color- leaves are a lil on the small side but i made them work:)
Halloween choir rug-  nice and thick - great quality! 
Wooden pumpkin shapes- i love that it came with a bunch to use for future projects-paint went on smoothly as well 
Fall  cardstock-  nice , thick and sturdy - great value! 
Fiskars paper trimmer - love it! Cuts great! 
Small plastic treat buckets - so cute! Sturdy lil buckets
Black glitter tulle - soooo glittery!! Some glitter does come off when manipulated but expected with anything glitter
,
Disclosure- Oriental trading  has sent me products to review, but all opinions are my own







 

I first painted the wooden pumpkin with bright orange acrylic paint i had from a past project then after the orange dries i then painted the face with black paint 




For the body of the wreath i started by scoring 6 12x12 pieces of cardstock (in pics dark brown) i then changed my mind to use the orange instead) scoring at about every inch to fan fold each piece



see pics below of more of my process







Then glue pieces together and form it to a circle addind a large circle of another piece of cardstock to hold its shape 



 



 
 




cut approx. 6 inch strips of tulle and glue and layer


I used stickles from a past project to glitter up the pumpkin face
lastly I glued the wooden pumpkin face onto the accordion wreath


for the garland- easy peesy! I just cut strips of tulle  and tied the lil plastic pumpkins to the leaf garland

doorway all done:)

some closeups









metal pumpkin yard spike



thanks for stopping by and happy creating!!
Jen T:)

No comments: