Pages

My Close To My Heart webpage

My Close To My Heart webpage
I am a ctmh consultant

*

*

About Me

My photo
hi, i am jen t. welcome to my blog and ttys!

Translate

Past Dt's and Ambassadorships

*

*
Love from lizi dt

.

*

*

*
birds of a feather kit co.

*

*

*

*

Followers

Search This Blog

*

*

*

Creative Scrappers

Friday, August 8, 2014

Back to nature shadow box using moxxie's happy camper line

Hi all, how is your summer going? I can't believe summer is half over already! my favorite part of summer is getting outside more. So i thought to get the feel of bringing the outside in when I have to be inside would be to make some fun home decor. So, i used the happy camper collection to make a fun little shadow box to hang in my hallway.  I first, grabbed an old watch box lid that i had (the other half i used on a past project) so it is a two-fer and up cycling in one. I then grabbed my brown acrylic paint and rubbed it all over the box for a distressed look . Next i looked at the die cuts and saw the wood look frame... the size matched the box (i lucked out) then i grabbed  some more die cuts and papers to try and started adding the layers. On the inside is the green plaid paper followed by a oval die cut and then the tree die cut with pop dots behind it . Next, i added a back to nature sticker on top with pop dots behind also. I then glued the frame die cut on the edges and added a flower i made using the pretty brown polka dot paper and a butterfly punch and added a tree brad to hold it all together. Lastly i added the swirls next to the flower and tied a ribbon to the top. Oh! I almost forgot, the striped banner sticker i wrapped around the edges to finish it off. 













Thanks for stopping by and happy creating!!  --jen t.

What Moxxie goodies i used: 

Other things i used:
American crafts ribbon
Rangerpopdots
Zipdry glue 
Butterfly punch 
Metal tree brad  




No comments: